Variable Focal Length Fresnel Lens Design - ON-097
Preferred Disciplines: Optical Engineer, Optician, Optical Specialist, Fresnel Lenses. No preferred level, open to Master, PhD, or Post-Doc
Company: PinchVR Inc.
Project Length: 4 to 6 months
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Toronto, Ontario
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Language: English
About the Company:
PinchVR is a virtual reality hardware and software company.
Typical virtual reality lenses have a constant focal length across the surface of the lens, some headsets also use fresnel lenses. We are looking to develop, design or source a fresnel lens with a variable focal length across the surface of the lens.
- Research optical solution or off the shelf solutions
- Design Fresnel lens based on provided specifications
- Interface with maufacturer to develop prototype of the lens
- Test prototypes
- Design any additional tweaks based final design
- Provide final design and spec for the lens
- Research existing solutions
- Optical Lens Design
- Prototype testing and manufacturing
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Optical Engineering
- Optical Testing
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please
Check your eligibility and find more information about open projects.
Complete this webform. You will be asked to upload your CV. Remember to indicate the title of the project(s) you are interested in and obtain your professor’s approval to proceed!
Interested students need to get the approval from their supervisor and send their CV along with a link to their supervisor’s university webpage by applying through the webform.