True Potato Seed (TPS) development and production - SK-002
Preferred Disciplines: Agriculture/Potato Breeding/ Biotechnology (Masters, PhD or PDF)
Project length: 6 months
Desired start date: May 1st, 2016
Location: Broderick, SK
No. of Positions: 1
Company: Tuberosum Technologies. Inc.
Tuberosum Technologies Inc. (TTI) is a cutting edge potato Research and Development Company with a focus on potato breeding and varietal research. In addition to its breeding partners all over the world, TTI has its own in-house breeding program geared towards True Potato Seed (TPS). TTI’s mandate is to make the entire potato production system more efficient, cost effective and sustainable. TTI is advancing Canada’s role in the development and enhancement of potato breeding and production through innovation and efficiency.
As we begin the commercialization stage of our developments we need to hone the agronomic best practices and optimize equipment for commercial production of potatoes using TPS. Assistance with facility and field plot management are needed for more in depth testing of the material we’ve developed. Because this is a new technology to North America, innovation is key to it successful implementation and to remain competitive.
The Potato Agronomist will work closely with the Director of R & D to improve Tuberosum’s trialing systems to identify agronomic best practices for the promising material developed at Tuberosum. This will include but not be limited to hitting annual and 3-5 year agronomy priorities and KPI’s to ensure we stay on the cutting edge of potato research worldwide.
Background and required skills
- Agronomic Testing and establishement of Agronomic Best Practices
- Facility, field and Equipment Management
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Experience with farm equipment and field management – preferably with Potatoes.
- Experience with agronomic trialing, test plot management & data collection.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
- Proven ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and Microsoft office programs.
- Drivers License Required
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please
- Check your eligibility and find more information about open projects.
- Complete this webform. You will be asked to upload your CV. Remember to indicate the title of the project(s) you are interested in and obtain your professor’s approval to proceed!
- If interested in this position, Interested students need to get the approval from their supervisor and send CV's to Iman Yahyaie at email@example.com