Promotion recommendation engine for In App Dynamics - BC-365
Preferred Disciplines: Machine learning, computer science, Masters, PhD, Post-docs
Project length: 12 months (up to 6 units)
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Vancouver, BC
No. of Positions: 1 or 2
Preferences: Nationwide applicants. Language: English
Company: Appscoop Solutions Inc.
App-Scoop is a premium app development and consulting firm hyper focused on delivering polished Mobile and Web Solutions
Researching the recommendation engine for restaurants and service business to send promotional offers to selected users based on the user profile and app usage data. The goal is to maximise the redeem rate and as a result increase customer loyalty and revenue.
Each merchant will be able to access their portal where they can customize the app and send promotions to users. End user will have the ability to order in app service, send gift cards and get loyalty points based on the transactions they perform.
Background and required skills
- Researching the best solution to maximise the redeem rate and as a result increase customer loyalty and revenue
- Develop a recommendation engine model based on the user, profile, location and app usage data
- Perform market research to get user data and conduct surveys to get user feedback
- Analyze market needs, document it and translate it in a design specifications for development team
- Write the solution in Java and develop a working solution that can be integrated with the rest of the application
- Develop a hypothesis for the solution
- Collect, Analyse and refine the underlying data required to prove the hypothesis
- Develop a working model to validate hypothesis. If hypothesis proved then optimise the model otherwise start with step 1 again
- Develop an integration plan with the application
- Integrate and test the full working solution
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Business Analysis skills, requirement documentation, market research
- Project management skills, project documentation, timelines
- Technical documentation, specifications for the development team
- Acting as client representative to internal development teams to ensure solution satisfies client needs
- Perform market research and do gap analysis and provide solutions to improve the process
- Comfortable in Client facing role
- Computer programming knowledge prefrabbly in Java
- Knwoledge of web and mobile applications
- Data Analysis and model development
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please
- Check your eligibility and find more information about open projects.
- Complete this webform. You will be asked to upload your CV. Remember to indicate the title of the project(s) you are interested in and obtain your professor’s approval to proceed.
- Interested students need to get the approval from their supervisor and send their CV along with a link to their supervisor’s university webpage by applying through the webform or directly to Amin Aziznia at aaziznia(a)mitacs.ca