Operating System Engineer - INT-002
Preferred Disciplines: Computer Science or software engineering related
Project length: 4-6 months (1 unit)
Desired start date: ASAP/before 2018/9/30
Location: Hangzhou - China
No. of Positions: 6
Preferences: Chinese and English all can be used as working language is preferred
Company: Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd.
Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider, serving more than 1/3 of the world's population. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields.
Company is already collaborating with UBC\SFU\UoT\UoW\UoA\McGill, etc.
The Huawei OS Kernel Lab Team is searching for passionate and energetic Operating System Internship. We focus on technical exploration, innovation and transition under the Operating System for our scenes, like Mobile Device, Edge Computing, 5G, Cloud, Server, etc.
In this position, you will be responsible for developing, researching, and analyzing Operating System for Huawei related to :
- Core software components such as memory management, scheduler, file system, process management and etc.
- Heterogeneous computing and AI solutions
- Safety critical Embedded system and related standard in automotive industry such as iso26262 and etc.
- Worst-case execution time analysis
- Formal Verification technologies, including theorem proving, model checking, abstract interpretation and etc.
Background and required skills
- As above
- To be determined
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Relevant OS development experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration capability, learning capability, teamwork ability
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Linux Kernel development and Linux internals (Scheduler, Memory, Network, File systems, Virtualization and Security, and etc.)
- Strong knowledge of C, and experience with languages such as Python, Shell, Perl, etc.
- Experience with ARM/ARM64/X86 architecture
- Extensive knowledge of the operating system
- Experience with Formal Verification
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please