Digital Service Design (DSD) applied research in Industry and Society (I&S) - QC-094
Preferred Disciplines: Business management, Artificial Intelligence and Engineering (comp sci/elec eng) : 1 Postdoc in Business Model/design (x2 years), 1 Postdoc on AI (x 2 years), 12 Masters and/or PhD’s in comp sci; elec eng or other relevant field
Project length: 4 to 24 months
Desired start date: January 2017
Location: Montreal region or within Quebec Province
No. of Positions: 14
Company: Ericsson Canada Inc.
Universties will be our main partners but we do not exclude the participation of external industries with strong expertize in areas such as IoT.
The Networked Society will foster a major change in how we will be interacting or addressing one another. In an all connected world where people and objects will all be connected, understanding and leading the evolution of new technologies, strategic design, services and business models will become strategically important. DSD will address these challenges in the perspective of I&S. Here I&S covers: Smart cities, Transport, Utility, Public safety, Industrial automation, Airports, and smart Building.
To address these challenges, we plan to invite 2 Postdocs with competences in business modeling and in Artificial Intelligence or Data mining. The Postdocs will lead different applied research projects which will be proposed and prototyped by Grad students.
It should be noted that the projects are not defined yet since we want to trigger the creativity of our young Graduates. The scope will need to be link to I&S. Only 8 to 10 of the most innovative proposals or projects will be selected over a period of 2 years.
Background and required skills
- Explore technologies which have the potential to create new business opportunities addressing real pain point in I&S
- Increase know how and create innovative solution
- Research and qualify new business approaches which can address these new segments
- Identify a clear Painpoint in the industry sector
- Propose solution, Identified state of the art
- Evalute the business potential and model
- Build prototype with partners
- Demonstrate and trial with real customers
- Business Modeling
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data
- Enginnering competence in Networking, IoT, Data mining
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Mathematical/Algorithmic/Data analysis skills
- Computer Science/IT Software graduate required
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please
- Check your eligibility and find more information about open projects.
- Complete this webform. You will be asked to upload your CV. Remember to indicate the title of the project(s) you are interested in and obtain your professor’s approval to proceed!
Interested students need to get the approval from their supervisor and send their CV along with a link to their supervisor’s university webpage by applying through the webform or directly to Jesse Vincent-Herscovici at, jvh(a)mitacs.ca