Development of a Platform Software to Control Cameras and Embedded Boards - BC-320
Preferred Disciplines: Software engineers, graduate student (masters, PhD) and PDFs
Project length: 4 months each
Desired start date: as soon as possible
Location: Vancouver, BC
No. of Positions: 4
Preferences: Preference in BC and lower mainland interns
Partner organization is a well-known company in Vancouver, BC who specializes in Cyber-scanning, Lidar, HDRI, photography and Total Station surveys. Services by Partner have been used in feature film visual effects and TV productions.
Development of a software to control cameras and embedded boards using the Qualcomm Snap Dragon 820 chipset and Sony imx230 sensor and models created from photogrammetry using video.
Background and required skills
- To find solutions to control selected cameras and stitch video through software efficiently using all the functionality of the cameras including HDI, autofocus, video, camera control etc.
- To develop a GUI that can control the VIDEO function of cameras that allows for functionality in a quick and efficient manner that is intuitive to the user. As well to develop 3D low resolution moving model created by the captured video from multiple angles.
- To develop a GUI that can control the 150 cameras in a burst mode that allows for functionality in a quick and efficient manner that is intuitive to the user.
- To be developed with intern(s).
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Strong understanding of Android OS programming, Qualcomm chip set as well as programming Sony camera drivers, camera functionality and gui design on Android. In addition, creating 3D models from Photogrammetry is desired.
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please