Design Engineering - Toyo Pumps
Toyo Pumps is a world leader in the research, development, production and distribution of slurry pumps. This is an amazing opportunity to join a team-oriented, forward thinking company in a Design Engineer capacity. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will be expected to develop and implement new and exciting components that will continue to propel Toyo Pumps to the forefront of the pumping industry. There is a possibility this role may be upgraded to Design Engineer Manager if the right candidate applies.
- Generate models for castings, machined and fabricated components and their respective drawings,
- Calculations of loads for bearings and shafts,
- Research and Development of new concepts, products and product lines,
- Work with sales on new or special product development including preparation of engineering proposals,
- Assist in the development of engineering, manufacturing, testing and inspection standards and procedures,
- Co-operate with sales on new or special product development,
- Study of company, customer and industry requirements for new product development,
- Research, develop and improve the company’s current product line as directed by VP of Engineering,
- Assist and advise in the development of our Quality Assurance Program (ISO 9001) and development of engineering, manufacturing, testing and inspection standards and procedures,
- Assist in the furthering of all Design Engineering goals and initiatives at Toyo Pumps.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering,
- Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0 or greater OR CREO 1.0 or greater,
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in general machine design,
- Currently living in Vancouver, British Columbia or Denver, Colorado or willing to relocate,
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Previous experience in Pump Design or Rotating Equipment,
- Experience with mechanical seals,
- Slurry pump experience,
- Windchill experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to humanresource(at)toyopumps.com.
Please reference Design Engineer in the subject line.
We thank you for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.