Creating a Prescriptive QA / performance algorithm - AB-024
Preferred Disciplines: Math, statistics, computer science; MSc or greater
Project length: 4-6 months with possiblity of extension
Desired start date: March 2018
Location: Calgary, AB
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Language: English
The industry parnter has a field communication platform that gives companies real-time/continuous improvement data providing predictive performance analytics. This takes the guess work out of hiring the best vendors, improves productivity, and helps clients save money.
The goal of the project is to find indicators or data transactions that help predict the probability of success when two firms / organizations are working together on a project / job.
The research will involve studying the data across the platform, across unrelated industries to see if there are common events, system generated or human generated that would create a predictive model or algorithm for collaberation success or failure.
The goal is to provide a platform that, independent of company size, provides a reliable rating system for a specific company’s business partners (suppliers / vendors / customers) by analysing and formulating a rating system for each partner as data is shared across their business network.
Background and required skills
- Using both quantitative and qualitative analysis on data generated from the designed software platform, compare system generated information to human entered ratings information to build an algorithm that can be used to preduct future business relationship success.
- Research will involve testing relationships and assumptions of data from the system compared to actual outcomes and applying this across the entire set of organizations that are using the platform technology.
- Validate or suggest new categories and indicators that are currently being employed in the platform.
- Find related data activity for the predictive model
- Run statistical analysis on the system data to determine any correlation or connections in the data that help indicate positive performance and quality
- Validate the finding to actual experiences
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Statistical and data mining
- Business experience to test Quality / Performance
- Familiarity with construction industry, general contractors
- Access to data sets within construction industry and contractors
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please
- Check your eligibility and find more information about open projects.
- Complete this webform. You will be asked to upload your CV. Remember to indicate the title of the project(s) you are interested in and obtain your professor’s approval to proceed!
Interested students need to get the approval from their supervisor and send their CV along with a link to their supervisor’s university webpage by applying through the webform or directly to Oba Harding at, oharding(a)mitacs.ca.