Artificial Intelligence (AI) Expert Systems (ES) Dispatching and Planning Software - BC-324
Preferred Disciplines: Software Engineer with Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Focus
Project length: TBD
Desired start date: February 15, 2017
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Greater Vancouver Area is preferred
We provide software solution to businesses in service and transportation industries to help them better schedule, manage and track their mobile workforce.
The objective of this project is to add intelligence to the current littlefleets Dispatching software so the system can solve complex problems, particularly in scheduling and planning, with the goal of automating the intake of a wide range of variables and presenting routing options with no/minimal human input.
A typical example of the type of problem we would target is dispatching jobs to a mobile workforce. This task can have many variables such as worker proximity, availability, suitability, etc. In addition, while the dispatch of a single job may not be that complex, optimizing the dispatch of multiple jobs over a full work day with multiple workers becomes increasingly more complex. This is where the efficient algorthm to be researched, tested and developed.
Background and required skills
The Expert System (ES) shall allow the Dispatcher to go into “Smart Mode” so it can be of assistance to the Dispatcher. If the system is put into “Smart Mode”, it shall:
- Enable the dispatcher to define rules around how the jobs get automatically assigned to the mobile workforce.
- Provide Quality Control over the automated operation process.
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Software Engineer
- Artificial Intelligence, specifically Expert Systems and Machine Learning focus
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please
- Check your eligibility and find more information about open projects.
- Complete this webform. You will be asked to upload your CV. Remember to indicate the title of the project(s) you are interested in and obtain your professor’s approval to proceed!
- For further information regarding this project pelase email Sherry Zhao at firstname.lastname@example.org