Mitacs partners with Startup Canada on fourth annual awards
Ottawa, ON – Mitacs has partnered to support the fourth annual Startup Canada Awards in celebration of outstanding achievement in Canada’s entrepreneurship and innovation community.
Individuals, businesses, and organizations are invited to apply for 17 Startup Canada Awards, including the Indigenous Entrepreneur Award, Innovation Award, and the High-Growth Award. In addition, a new award named for Canada’s sesquicentennial will commemorate an iconic Canadian business that has propelled Canada’s brand on the global stage through its determination and leadership.
Nominations for the awards are open until June 16, 2017. Regional award winners will be announced at local start-up events across Canada this fall, with the grand finale taking place in Toronto on November 14, 2017.
Alejandro Adem, Chief Executive Officer and Scientific Director, Mitacs
“Mitacs programs build research connections that support innovators and entrepreneurs in Canada. We’re pleased to support the Startup Canada Awards in celebrating and honouring those among us who are demonstrating tremendous ingenuity and leadership in Canada’s start-up ecosystem.”
- Mitacs is a national, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for 17 years to support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
- Mitacs’ research internship programs connect graduate students and postdoctoral fellows with industry and not-for-profit partners for collaborations supervised by faculty.
- Mitacs is a member of the Startup Canada Entrepreneurship Taskforce, a platform for key national organizations advancing entrepreneurship to engage with government to advance mutually beneficial initiatives, programs, and policies.
- On June 8, 2017, in Toronto, Mitacs will honour outstanding program alumni who have started a business of their own at the Mitacs Entrepreneur Awards
Startup Canada facts:
- Startup Canada is the leading national social enterprise supporting entrepreneurs through online programs, national awards, flagship events, and partnerships with private sector and government, all to foster a community for start-up and small business success across the country.
- The Startup Canada Awards celebrate and distinguish outstanding achievement in advancing Canadian entrepreneurship.
- The objectives of the awards are to celebrate those working to advance entrepreneurship in Canada; increase awareness of the importance of strengthening Canada’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and culture; and, incentivize efforts and elevate the ambitions of the Canadian entrepreneurial community.
For information about Mitacs and our programs, see mitacs.ca/newsroom.
For more information, visit www.startupcan.ca.
To nominate, visit www.startupaward.ca. To register, visit startupaward.ca/events/.