Mitacs named one of BC’s top employers for 2018
Vancouver, BC — The editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers have named Mitacs, a national not-for-profit organization, as one of British Columbia’s top employers for 2018. The award reflects excellence in social, financial, and professional aspects of the workplace and employee experience.
The editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers considered Mitacs for its commitment to creating a positive experience at all stages of employees’ lives and careers. Features of the employee experience at Mitacs include a training and development allowance; paid health and wellness benefits, including significant support to access mental health resources; paid time off for new parents; and a group RRSP matching program. Such policies apply to all employees across Canada.
Mitacs’ Vancouver office is in a LEED Gold-certified building with easy access to public transit, fitness centres, and other amenities adjacent to the University of British Columbia campus. Mitacs also maintains offices in Toronto and Montreal, as well as dozens of others at campuses across the country.
In adjudicating the award, the editors considered factors such as health, financial, and family benefits; physical workplace; work atmosphere and social workplace; and skills development and training.
Alejandro Adem, CEO and Scientific Director, Mitacs
“We’re honoured to be recognized as one of the top employers in BC and are committed to fostering an exceptional workplace experience for all of our employees. To recruit and retain top talent committed to Mitacs’ mission, we encourage professional development, recognize excellence, and embrace diversity — all to support individual goals and improve corporate performance.”
Jennifer Tedman-Jones, Business Development Director in Kelowna, Mitacs
“The team at Mitacs is second to none. We value collaboration and innovation in every aspect of our work, and I’m proud to be part of such a forward-thinking organization that has the best interests of Canadian businesses and researchers in mind.”
- Mitacs is a national not-for-profit organization led by Canadian universities that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for more than 18 years.
- Working with 60 universities, thousands of companies, and federal and provincial governments, Mitacs builds partnerships that support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
- Mitacs has regional offices in Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal with business development representatives across the country.
- For information about Mitacs and our programs, see mitacs.ca/newsroom.
- Check out our current job postings across the country at mitacs.ca/careers.