Canadian business leaders lending industry acumen to judge 2017 Mitacs Entrepreneur Awards
Vancouver, BC — Eleven business and entrepreneurship leaders from across Canada are contributing their expertise to determine the five winners of the 2017 Mitacs Entrepreneur Awards. The awards will celebrate researchers-turned-entrepreneurs whose work starting or building a business demonstrates exemplary leadership and innovation. Twenty-five thousand dollars in cash prizes will be awarded to help the emerging businesses grow.
The judges bring a wealth of experience in start-ups, investment, and business innovation to their roles. They are as follows:
- Andrew Csinger, President, Interspect
- Breanne Everett, CEO, Orpyx Medical Technologies
- Bruce Hardy, President, Function Four and President, Myera Group
- Charlotte Rydlund, Co-founder and CEO, Pacta.io
- Diane Gray, CEO, CentrePort Canada
- Fazila Seker, Director, Technology and Venture Development, Physical Sciences, MaRS Innovation
- Helge Seetzen, CEO, TandemLaunch
- Lloyed Lobo, Co-founder and Partner, Boast Capital
- Lori Hall, Partner, Gowling WLG
- Pierre Boucher, Director, Research, Ericsson Canada
- Serge Bourassa, President and COO, Centre des entreprises et d’innovation de Montréal (CEIM)
The awards event, including a panel discussion, will take place on June 8, 2017, in partnership with MaRS Discovery District in Toronto, and with the sponsorship of CARIC.
Alejandro Adem, CEO and Scientific Director, Mitacs
“We are honoured to have such a prestigious panel of judges contributing their expertise to the 2017 Mitacs Entrepreneur Awards. These judges will inspire the winning entrepreneurs as they grow their businesses. In turn, our winners will exemplify the finest in Canadian research, development, and innovation.”
- Mitacs is a national, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for 17 years to support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
- Mitacs’ research internship programs connect graduate students and postdoctoral fellows with industry and not-for-profit partners for collaborations supervised by faculty.
- Mitacs acknowledges the Government of Canada, along with Alberta Innovates, the Government of British Columbia, Research Manitoba, the Government of New Brunswick, the Research & Development Corporation of Newfoundland and Labrador, the Government of Nova Scotia, the Government of Prince Edward Island, the Government of Quebec, and the Government of Saskatchewan for their support.
- For information about the awards and categories, visit https://www.mitacs.ca/en/newsroom/news-release/entrepreneur-awards-provides-25k-researchers-turned-entrepreneurs.
- Register to attend the awards ceremony at https://www.mitacs.ca/en/events/mitacs-entrepreneur-awards-2017-0.
- To read about our 2015 awards, visit https://www.mitacs.ca/en/newsroom/news-release/mitacs-entrepreneurs-recognized-their-contributions-solar-energy-coastal.
- For sponsorship opportunities, contact Lindsay Ringuette at email@example.com.